Monday, October 17, 2022

Young Hunter Traumatized by North Carolina Sasquatch

 

Email your Bigfoot sighting to RMSObigfoot@gmail.com

The sickening smell of the Bigfoot almost made him throw-up
Young Hunter Traumatized by North Carolina Sasquatch

John P writes RMSO
I'm not sure where to start with this! I grew up in Western North Carolina in Cherokee County in the small mountain town of Andrews. From a young age my father had me in the woods hunting, fishing, trapping, and just enjoying the outdoors. I was never afraid to be in the woods even by myself at any time. My father was an outdoorsman who love being in the woods and passed that love on to me. 

We spent many seasons in the Western North Carolina mountains so I knew my way around and knew every kind of animal track there was. It was what I am guessing was my first encounter with what I now call Bigfoot happened around 1976 I was 9 years old. We went fishing in the west end of Cherokee county in the Hiwassee lake. My dad and I were fishing early one Saturday morning down Joe Brown highway just past Shook's marina turn-off. It was a small dirt pull-off next to the pavement. The area was undeveloped. Very few houses and those were really far apart. We unloaded my dad's pickup and took out gear down off the bank to the lake shore. It was cool and I remember splitting up from my dad and going around the lake shore while he stayed put. We were about 50 yards from each other. After about an hour of no bites, I picked up and moved back to where my dad was sitting. I sat down next to him and started to eat one of the sandwiches we had brought.

My dad sat up and said, " do you smell that"? It smelled like the worst-smelling dead skunk ever. Worse than one that had been run over on the road. The smell kept getting worse when a large rock came from the direction where dad parked the truck up the bank next to the road. It hit the water causing a massive splash. It was like a full-grown man had done a cannonball dive off the high dive, that kind of splash.  My dad jumped up and ran up the bank and I followed as quickly as I could. When I reached him he was looking around and neither he nor I could find anyone around. There was no way such a large rock could have just rolled down the embankment and caused such a splash. We crossed the road where there was nothing but woods and looked around thinking someone was just messing with us. The smell lingered all the time we were there. We spent the best part of an hour looking for an answer to no avail. I have to admit I was a little bit unnerved. We spoke of the incident over the years but never knew what threw the rock off the embankment.

In 1983 when I was 15 years old and a sophomore in High School was my second encounter. Dad and I had been planning on going deer hunting in the fall of that year. We had been scouting some different areas and had settled on a location in Graham County, NC close to the Tennesse border. We had been fishing on the Cheoah river next to the Tapoco dam and we kept seeing a lot of deer signs just before deer season. There was a small dirt road just as you cross the bridge on the Cheoah river that was a good parking spot that was a good ways off the road. 

My dad had to work the first week of deer season so he set a day on the second Saturday. We arrived super early 2 am that day. Parking off the road as we did before when fishing the area. We grabbed our packs and guns starting hiking toward the top of the ridge to set up our blind. It was a simple wooden tree branch blind with old weeping willow fronds and corn husks we had saved. We got about a mile in from the truck and set up in the pitchback dark. I remember using the old aluminum Rayovac flashlights dad had. They put out just a tiny bit of light as the woods were pitch as tar dark. We sat up the blind and hunkered down. We were just up on a small mound near an open grassy area. We were waiting till the first light of day. Time passed as daylight crept in. But no deer was to be seen. It was just before 7 am when my dad told me to stay put as he was going around the hill down towards the truck to see if he could flush out a big buck that may still be bedded down in some thicket. My dad left his 402 bolt action rifle and took my 222 Rimington with him. He was gone about an hour with nothing to show for our time sitting there. 

As I leaned back against a tree I began to smell something that made me almost throw up sick. It was such a sickening smell I wasn't sure I could stand it much longer. We had been hearing squirrels barking and birds up in the trees but at that moment everything was dead quiet. To my right, something caught my attention coming out of the woods. Thinking it was my dad I turned my head but what I saw was nothing I had ever seen before nor had I ever seen anything like it again. This thing was massive, solid black standing on two legs. I had to be over 6 or 7 feet tall. It was leaning forward and I remember seeing its arms hanging down to its knees. I was frozen in fear. It was taking massive steps maybe 3 of my steps. All I could do is watch it cross the grassy area in front of me. I don't remember if it looked my way or even noticed me. I'm guessing it was about 30 yards from where I was sitting. I remember the fear that came over me and how I could not move except my head. I remember tears streaming down my face as it walked away into the woods and disappeared out of my sight. 

I am ashamed to tell you I sat there and sobbed like a baby. I don't know how much time passed until my dad came back and found me in one more mess of a state. Dad told me, later on, he had to lead me out of the woods back to the truck. He told me I never said a word all the way back home. From that day until now I will not go back into the woods by myself or even with anyone. Today I am 55 years old. I know what I saw and I know what it was not. It was not a bear, wild boar, panther, or any other large animal in the mountains here in Western North Carolina. It took me a long time before I could even talk to my father bout this thing I saw. I never told anyone else as I knew I would be labeled a crazy hillbilly. I still can remember what happened, the smell, and those few moments as it passed by. But I still can not set foot back in the woods. I gave up hunting and fishing, I sold all my equipment that year. 

I'm not sure what you can get out of my story as it happened to me. I hope that you don't use my name as I still live in fear of being called a crazy person. But I do hope you can bring the truth about these animals out so that people know they are real.

More North Carolina Bigfoot

Smokey Mountain Sasquatch Female & Youngsters

Giant Pond Mountain Bigfoot Grunts at Hunter

7 Feet Tall Nantahala Female Sasquatch North Carolina

Orrum Sasquatch Around 8 Feet Tall Close Encounter North Carolina Couple

Bigfoot in National News

North Carolina Bigfoot or What?

No comments:

Post a Comment