Wednesday, September 11, 2024

H Roe Bartle Scout Reservation Sasquatch Encounter near Osceola, Missouri

 

Artist Rendition
Email your Bigfoot sighting to RMSObigfoot@gmail.com

Staff member takes short cut back to camp & runs into Bigfoot

H Roe Bartle Scout Reservation
Sasquatch Encounter near Osceola, Missouri

Aryk writes RMSO
I had commented on one of your Facebook post and you responded, asking what happened. So, for the first time ever, here's what happened.

During the summer of 84, I was serving as a staff member at one of the three camps on the H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation outside Osceola Missouri.

It was a typical July day. Temp in the low to mid 90's and humid as heck. I'd gotten done with work and decided to walk over to one of the other camps where a buddy of mine was at with his troop.

I decided to take the short route through the woods which would cut about 30 mins off my trip. The trek through the timber was downhill for about half the distance. Then across a creek and uphill to the camp.

I had gotten to where I knew the creek was just 50 yards or so ahead when I was hit with a dank, musky smell. Very similar to wet dog. I remember wondering what I was smelling but didn't dwell on it. Then as I got in sight of the creek things changed.

A sudden sensation that I was being watched came over me. The hair on back of my neck stood. I thought of that smell and the fact it had rained briefly about an hour before.
I knew that (in 1984) there were no bears in Missouri. But thought of bobcats or something like that, that I may have caught a whiff of that may be watching.

So I put my back against a tree and stayed still. If there was a 30 pound cat near, I didn't want to spook it. Or make it think it had to defend itself. I was young, not stupid.
After what I think was about 20mins I was just about to continue on my way when I saw something move to my right.

A hairy, dark, upright figure stepped out from behind cover. By cover I mean two good sized trees close together with large shrubs growing around them.
This person, animal, whatever it was, was moving down towards the creek while looking my direction.

The grade was down but not very steep. But this thing covered the 20-ish yards to the creek in just a few strides. Looking my way the whole time.

Once it reached the creek it squatted at the water and just looked around for what seemed like forever. But was probably 30-45 seconds in reality. Then it stood up and followed the creek till it was out of sight.

I stayed in place for a while. Listening. Watching. Wanting to make sure it was gone. Then I broke the first rule of safety on the Reservation. NO RUNNING! I bolted out of there with so much speed and dexterity that my football coach would have been proud.

Once back at the staff area I went straight to the man in charge and told him what I'd just seen. He first told me that the last couple years there have been some strange stuff going on in the woods. You see, they had dammed the Osage river to create the Truman Reservoir know as Truman Lake. And a lot of animals had moved up the hills because of it.

Secondly, he said "Keep it to yourself if you don't want to be called crazy". But HE believed me.
Anyway, that's what happened. I know it's not very eventful. But I also know not every encounter is.

I'd be happy to know if you've heard of any other sightings from this area. It would be comforting to know I'm not the only one.
Thank you. And keep searching.
Aryk

RMSO responds
Hi Aryk
We received a sighting report a couple of years ago where the witness watched two bigfoot swimming and wading around in the Osage River.

Two Bigfoot In Osage River

More Bigfoot Below

Sasquatch Encounter in Indiana & Bigfoot Tracks Documented

Fouke Monster in Mountain View Arkansas Just Before the Eclipse

Bigfoot Surprised by Fishing Boat near Shore of Blue Lake

Oklahoma Sasquatch Running Through Frame on Gamecam

No comments:

Post a Comment