Wednesday, July 10, 2024

A large sample of the Bigfoot sighting reports received after asking the following question on RMSO media site

 

Artist Rendition
Email your Bigfoot sighting to RMSObigfoot@gmail.com

A large sample of the Bigfoot sighting reports received
after asking the following question on RMSO media site

Over half reported Bigfoot sightings happen from a vehicle,
where were you when you saw Sasquatch?

Andrew writes RMSO
Hiking up a drainage bowhunting Mule deer.
RMSO asks
Hi Andre, what state, what did you see?
Andrew continues
Utah, I was stalking up to this water hole that I have killed deer before. The wind was in my face, at first light. There was not any deer at the water. I caught movement a little ahead of me on the opposite hillside. In a thick stand of gamble oaks there was a black head above the foliage. It looked like a Gorilla's head, but a little bit bigger and the nose was different. It was more hooded than a Gorilla's, but less than a human. By this point I was about 17ish yards from it. I pretended that I didn't notice it as I walked passed it watching it with my periphery vision. I thought it was a hoax. It was holding very still, but I did see it blink. Even a week later when I was blood trailing a doe I shot, through that stand of oak brush and the oaks were 8"-12" over my 5'11" head, I still thought it was a hoax. But when I sat and thought about it. I had to conclude that while it may still have been a hoax, I don't think it was. That stand of oaks has a game trail that cuts across the trail I was on leading to the water. The "head" I saw was in the brush about 6' off that trail. It is the idea spot for an ambush. The wind was perfect and between the brush and curve of the hill deer would not see it. I saw it, because I came from behind it coming up the drainage not crossing it. It is an open meadow above that stand of oaks. At night deer feed until morning. They cross the drainage, stopping to drink and then bedding on the other hillside completely covered in oak brush. Just as an aside Shiras Moose love those oak stands. And I have seen several different moose disappear when the enter. I have also found a partial track and tree structure in the nastiest blow down I have ever had the misfortune of getting into on a different mountain range.
x

Lisa writes RMSO
Snowmobiling in the Uintah's
At first we thought it was a bear, but they hibernate here in the winter. No it was about 7 foot tall blackish hair stood by a tree, then turned around and walked up the hill in about 2 feet of snow. So then I knew it was NO bear!
RMSO asks
Hi Lisa, how long ago, what part of Utah?
Lisa continues
It was long ago about 20 years. It was in the Northern part of Uintah's in Utah. But my husband had an experience up in Pole canyon near Santaquin Ut. Hiking 3 years ago. Stopped because he heard something and the there was boulders thrown at him came out of know were. Believe me we knew what it was.
x

Kathy writes RMSO
In my car delivering newspapers early morning in the rural areas
RMSO asks
Hi Kathy, where or what state, what did you see?
Kathy continues
One male(?) Young bigfoot crossed road right in front of me on the way out of Mountain View, Wyoming about 4 or 430am. Light snow. Road leads to Uinta mtns. Rural area no traffic at that time. Saw it stepover easily a ranch fence and disappeared into trees. River is close by.
RMSO responds
We were in that area not long ago traveling through Mountain View to investigate Meeks Cabin Reservoir and Lyman Lake Bigfoot sightings in the Uinta Mountains. He must of been fairly tall to step over a fence. 
x

Orland writes RMSO
Motorcycle in glacier National park at dusk.
RMSO asks
Hi Orland, what part of Glacier, how long ago & were you able to estimate the height or width of the creature or any other details like color?
Orland continues
My wife and I were by Logan pass coming down the mountain towards st Mary’s entrance at dusk. I would give more details but we don’t tell many people and most people don’t believe us. Both of saw the creature, we’ve been in Montana for 40 years and have seen every animal. We watched it climb up a cliff with binoculars at maybe 150 yards. I’m a military policeman retired and use to noticing details, tried to take photos with camera but light levels were to low. We watched the creature for 15 minutes, it was giant but never looked at us. I watched its black fingers grab rocks as it climbed up a 40’ cliff. We thought it was a black bear until it stood up and walked swinging its arms. It climbed the cliff then stood by a tree for like 5 minutes then disappeared down a valley. It did things a person could not do! We never saw a face but it seemed to not have a neck and was all black.
It happened in first weekend in September 2012 we were staying at the motel in St Mary’s Montana
x

Davis writes
My Dad..... he was driving home from work one night on Pipe Creek Road near Libby, MT.
RMSO asks
Hi Ward, how long ago. We have been in the Libby area following up on sighting reports.
Ward continues
 It was clear back in the late 70's. But it started a passion for him, from talking to others and hearing their accounts to even meetings with Dr. Grover Krantz..... He always said he was the biggest laughing critic of all, until he saw one. He was known for many things but a liar was not one of them. Especially about something so silly as a "mythical" creature. 😊
x

Bart writes 
looking in my bedroom window!
RMSO asks
Hi Bart, was it a very high window, how long ago & where. Please describe any details of the creature you can recall?
Bart continues
Between 1970 thru 1971…the window was only about 6 feet from the ground…I was 9 years old the first time I seen him…I shared a room with my older brother and during the summer nights we had our window open for the night air…my bed was located where I didn’t receive much of the breeze so I went and sat by the window to cool off!
The moon was bright and I could see a couple hundred yards across the back field to where it met the woods…half way across the field I noticed a black object that looked to me like a burnt tree 10-12 feet high with no branches…I knew there were no trees in that section of the field so I was struggling in my mind what it could possibly be!
All of a sudden two red lights appeared near the top along side one another maybe 8 inches apart…it startled me and I looked away for a few seconds to call out to my brother to wake him up..he never stirred…when I looked back out the window the black object was half as far away from where it was before…and close enough to see that it was a living being!
My young brain seen him as the Grim Reaper with red eyes and wearing a a long black hooded cloak!
I ran to my bed screaming for my mother who came running in within seconds…I told her what I saw and she did her best to convince me that I was dreaming and that there was nothing outside!
Some nights later it happened again and repeated on another night…to make a long story short…a year later I woke up late in the night and glanced up at the window…there he was with his red eyes staring at me!
I was 22 years old the last time I saw him…my wife and I were arriving home and just as we were reaching the bottom of our long driveway my wife asked me “what the heck is that?”…my 12 foot nightmare walked across the driveway in two steps and disappeared into the woods!
For over 10 years I accepted my mother’s words that they were all just bad dreams!
No Ma’am…no dream at all!!
Some scary things happened for the next year or so…paranormal things…until I got on my knees one night and Prayed for my Lord Jesus Christ to take them all away!
RMSO
Where or what state did this happen?
Bart
NY State…Spencer and Lockwood!
My son has been dealing with one in PA…huge rocks have been thrown at him while hiking the mountain behind his house…rocks were thrown from the cliff above the creek last summer while his kids were swimming!
I was there a few weeks ago and watched a tall tree fall from the cliff into the creek…I could hear it cracking while it was falling over…a live tree with no wind!
x

Shari comments
Camping on Mt St Helens before she blew!
x

Todd comments
From Atv Marysville Utah
x

Rick comments
First time was my second wife going up a dry stream bed and we got rocks thrown at us. Second time was when I was sitting on a hillside watching a young Bigfoot eat acorns. Another hunter on the other side of the draw also watched him. Both times were on federal land.
x

Tony writes RMSO
In a car full of Boy scouts heading up the Feather River Canyon
RMSO asks
Hi Tony, how long ago, what happened?
Tony continues
in 2005, we were all heading to a large gathering in Plumas County. As our caravan of vehicles traveled over the road paralleling the Feather River, I looked across the river (the road was on the North side of the river), and saw a large, dark solitary upright figure quickly traveling the ridge maybe 100' above the river canyon. I estimate we were 300 yards away when I saw it. It was bright daylight about 9am. The area across the river was wild, rough terrain. No towns or structures within 20 miles. It looked to be covered in dark brown, almost black hair - no clothing or gear whatsoever. Nobody else saw it - it happened too fast. It was not a bear or any other animal. It moved like a very large man hiking at high speed.

RMSO asks
Is it the Feather River in California Northwest of Lake Tahoe?
Tony responds
yes, I would say about 50 miles Northwest of Tahoe. Nearest large town is Quincy.
RMSO
Thank you, we have had other reports from Feather Canyon
x

Gordon writes
In the woods in the shadow of Mt. Baker, Washington. I'm guessing it was a He because he was at least 10ft tall. Visually watched him for about 10 to 15 minutes thanking God I was down wind because I smelled him before I saw him.
x

Ash writes RMSO
Driving an ambulance. Seen three (family) Bigfoot on a creek bottom about 1/8 mile away. 1993. Cheyenne River Reservation SD.
RMSO asks
Hi Ash, were you able to estimate their height or width. What color were they? What were they doing?
Ash continues
I worked for an Ambulance Service from 1992 until 2002, volunteer, and full time from time to time.
May 1993 - I and another EMT covered a Rodeo in a small town, and when the Rodeo was finished my partner jumped in with her boyfriend and I had to drive back to base, which was about 42 miles away. 
I was on S.D. Highway 63 near a river bottom, and was crossing a bridge, when I happened to glance to the East, and seen three things standing on the river bottom I couldn't identify.
I checked my mirrors and no traffic was coming behind me, and no one was coming from ahead of me. I backed up until I was on the bridge and had a good vantage point. I could still see three tall hairy things standing still. I looked that them through binoculars and could see that their hair was very shaggy. There was one very tall thing, one a little shorter, and a very small one that must have been a juvenile. 
I watched them for a couple of minutes trying to figure out what they were. They started walking to the side of the river towards some brush and I could observe that they were bipedal creatures. 
I estimate that they were 1/8th of a mile East of the bridge, but I couldn't tell you exact height or anything like that, they looked big.
Same week some kids and an older women seen the very same things down the river near a native community in Green Grass S.D..
I talked to the older woman and when we compared what we had seen we had the same descriptions. She told me that when they had seen these beings that they hid in the brush, and you could also see where they were dragging branches behind them to cover their foot prints. 
She was able to observe them closer and said they had monkey looking faces.
Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation, near Green Grass S.D..
x

Lu writes
Hiking in NV near Reno
x

Robert writes
I was at a school camp trip , I was looking out towards the fire pit and just enough moon light to see a blackish red tall thing swaying behind a huge tree trunk
x
Chuck writes
Along Christopher Creek north of the campground in Arizona!
x

Dawn writes
Standing at the edge of a pine forest in Florida.
when I was much younger. At the edge of the Osceola National Forest. He was a gray/white color. The only encounter I’ve had. I hoped for years to see him again but never did.
It is definitely a life changer. I’m still hoping to be blessed enough to see another one.
x

Eugene writes
I was hiking on an old fire road. Back in the winter of 1992. I was staying with my uncle and my
Aunt that weekend
x

Kathleen writes
In my home in Alaska. He was eating Cherries from our tree
RMSO asks
Hi Kathleen, when did that happen, what did you see, can you describe the creatures details?
Kathleen continues
I was about 4 years old and saw a huge Brownish red ( man bear) eating from our tree. He and I made eye contact and I felt love from him. I started running out to hug him but my Dad caught me literally by the seat of my pants and slammed the door.
Years later when I was around 9, my Dad took me to a Bigfoot Museum and confirmed my memory. Looking back as best as I can remember his height would have been at least 8 foot. They have been in my life ever since.
By the way I am 73 years old now, so that gives you an idea of when that happened. Early 50s.when I saw him and And the 60s. When my Dad took me to a museum in Oregon. Not sure where it was, but we lived in Eugene then.
x

Sandi writes
I saw the ones I saw from a car. 2 separate occasions, one in summer 1983, one in fall of 2023.
x

Linda W. writes
in my car heading to Blaine Lake, Saskatchewan
RMSO asks
Hi Linda, did you get a good look at it, can you provide any more details?
Linda Continues
yep, looked like it had dreadlocks, skin looked dark grey,9 ft tall est. hair black around 6 inches long. I drove slowly by after the brake lights from the car ahead of me braked. Nov. 2021,around 8 pm.. was only a couple feet from my car..it stood still like it was pretending to be a tree
x

Marcee writes RMSO
In the hills going north to Ogden Utah
RMSO asks
Hi Marcee, how long ago, what happened, what did you see?
Marcee continues
I had camped at a lake that was closed for the winter.it about 5am I started heading down back onto highway 80 going east. The sun was not yet up but dawn was showing itself. It was Nov.as I came around a turn in the road off in the high grass and low scrubs stood this very large thing going through the trunk of an abandoned car. I had not seen the car going up because it was night time. As my head lights shone on this thing I could see it had very thin hair covering its body about 4in long. The car was a wreaked Honda or corolla a small vehicle. The creatures face turned away from my headlights and as it stood up straight it was easily over 7 ft in height and very strong looking. I took a second look thinking if it were a human I would ask if they needed help, but a human would have been dress. When I got down to the freeway entrance I was pulled over by a policeman who told me I was not allowed in that area since it was the headwaters to Salt lakes drinking water.
The date was 2013
x

Bear Baker writes RMSO
Three days back into the Rocky Mountains on horseback.
RMSO asks
Hi Bear, what part of the Rockies or what state, what happened, what did you see?
Bear continues
I am an outfitter in Alberta Canada. I live outside of Rocky Mountain House. We staged a pack trip up an old trail west of Nordegg Alberta. Very remote country and very few people. Three days up the trail we were riding through a valley everything was suddenly silent. No birds, nothing. My horse, a veteran lead guide horse was staring all around. I was looking for a bear, cougar or something. I had pulled my 4570 when I glanced up on a ridge. He was squatted up there watching us with his long arms and hands resting on the ground. He made no sound or movement, just watched us. He was about 75 yards away or so. We rode on until we we out of sight. The two other people with me looked at me in shock! What was that? You saw it didn't you? Yes I saw it and you know what it was! What? They don't exist! Oh yeah, tell him that. No matter what anyone says I know what I saw. I know how I felt. I was not afraid, rather in awe of him. The first sighting in this area was 1810 by members of David Thomson's crew. I have seen others since. Again it is one thing to believe , it's something else to know!
x

Alan writes RMSO
On the back side of a mountain
RMSO asks
Hi Alan, what state or mountain, what happened, what did you see?

Alan continues
My Friend and I were hiking and saw something big and black that looked to be lying down on the hillside next us. We thought maybe bear because the wind was blowing its hair back and forth. It was huge. We started on down the trail when it stood up, turned around and started running up the hill. We could see daylight between its legs which told us its shape. This was a cleared hill it was on, we watched it run up the hill and across the ridge top into the woods. We went to where we first saw it and we had to stop a couple of times to rest before we got to the top. It was steep and it never once stopped in its run. This one footprint is all we found. Near the NC-Tenn border.
x

Joe H writes RMSO
Playing with friends & stepbrother in the 70s..back yard, Columbia falls Montana. We were yelling & being kids around 10pm.
RMSO asks
Hi Joe, was it a juvenile?
Joe continues
No , this one was big. We were playing hide & seek & yelling & laughing. Was watching I guess.
x

Blackwolf writes
On a hiking trail...
RMSO asks
Hi Blackwolf, what happened, what did you see?
Blackwolf continues
My late husband and I were hiking in the woods of NE WASHINGTON STATE. We heard heavy footsteps behind us and when we turned around... Bigfoot was about 20 feet from us on the trail. We stared at each other a few minutes and then Bigfoot grunted and turned into the dense woods. We weren't scared but we were laughing, saying "we just saw Bigfoot"! It was an awesome experience!
x

Mario writes RMSO
My grandmothers music room window which backs up to woods peaking in
RMSO asks
Hi Mario, how close to the window was it. Were you able to determine its height, what color was it, can you describe the details of its face and or eyes?
Mario continues
It was at night. I woke up feeling like I was being watched looked behind me to doorway where my parents had left through and no one was there. I then looked to the window.
I was about 6-8 feet from window lying on a couch. I was five (1978). It was a 6x4’ picture window the sill was 3.5 above floor. The creature was very close to the window and crouching down a bit to look in from the side. It was night and the window was lit from a small lamp. I was able to see the large shadow of its shoulder. It had dark brown or black hair ringing its bare face which was a dark clay color. Its face was craggy with large brow and deepset eyes. It had a very wide mouth with blocky teeth I could kinda see as its lips were partially parted. Large flat nose and high sloping forehead. Dark eyes no eye shine. I was terrified at the time. I closed my eyes tightly and hoped it would just go away. I opened them and it was still there. I closed them again and waited what seemed like forever and when I opened them again it was gone.
It didn’t look like an ape more like a caveman. Big jaw but no snout. I had no context. At the time I had no idea about Bigfoot.
I told my parents the next morning. Was told it was my imagination.
Later they jokingly referred to the “tree people” that my grandmother saw as to why she closed the blinds and didn’t look out windows at night
My grandmothers house was in a wooded area and the creeks on her 32 acres could be followed all the way to the Chagrin river in Northeast Ohio just a few miles away.
It’s all subdivisions and metro parks now but in the 70s it was woods and very few houses here and there. A lot of old growth oak elm pine etc
I grew up going to that house almost every weekend. Played in the woods during the day but never outside at night. Was always uncomfortable there at night don’t look out the windows
Even at 16 + yo hated walking out around corner of garage to driveway by myself to get in the car at night
Only camped there one night outside the entire time she lived there and I love camping
Got into Bigfoot later via in search of reruns and legend of boggy creek.
To this day I don’t like sleeping near woods on the first floor of any dwelling even had nightmares of an arm reaching in
It definitely affected me.
x

Teddy writes RMSO
Southern Virginia, where I walked up within 25 feet from him. I was walking out at the edge of dark after a bowhunt for deer. It's been almost 30 years. I never went back.
Patrick County, VA..in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
I can't give a more specific location than this, because of protecting the Bigfoot. I have not told anybody of his last known location, where I saw him. He could have easily killed me, but he chose not to. So, I made a promise to myself to never give up his exact location, although 30 years is a long long time. I keep my promises!
Not far at all from Meadows of Dan, VA.. Honestly, I did not believe there could be such an entity as a Bigfoot. I was using doe in estrus scent as a lure for a buck deer. The sun set quickly behind the mountains that evening. I had my bow and a bowie knife with my backpack and I was in full camouflage. I felt like I was being followed. I've had cougar trail me before. But, I never saw anything. It started getting dark quickly as I walked off the trail and into a dirt unpaved road. I felt relieved for a moment until it screamed and was 25 yards from me. I've never been afraid of anything, but that changed quickly. I saw it! It was a male about 7' 6" to maybe 7' 10 inches. After the initial scream and shock, I thought to myself that this is my time to die and nobody will ever know what happened to me. I not only thought it, but felt it, like a 6th sense. I knew my compound bow set at 65 pounds with inch arrow with a 2 and 1/4 inch broadhead wouldn't phase him. I was so terrified that I doubt very seriously that I could have pulled my bow back to a full draw. He let me live and for that I am extremely thankful.
I really haven't spoken much about my encounter over the years. Angela, I was never afraid of anything in the outdoors until that encounter. When you realize the moment of your death is so very close and you have no control, then it changes you as a person. He was setup to ambush me from the knoll, because I honestly think the doe in estrus scent tricked and perhaps lured him to be ready. The scream was not a high pitch, but more of a lower midrange guttural sound. I've heard that lions growl and emit a ultra low frequency and I remember that sound was within it. It's more like a super loud 4-wheel drive diesel engine full acceleration while the truck spins over rocks. I honestly don't know exactly how to describe it beyond what I just described. There was only myself and the Bigfoot on that ridge that late evening at dusk. I saw him and he saw me then scream / growl came out and it froze me for 10 seconds or so, and I looked away from him because I did not want to trigger a full on attack, which in my mind I thought I'm gonna die now and nobody will have a clue what killed me.
I gave up bow hunting and I never went back hunting in that area. I still have my compound bow, and the arrows with the broadheads are still in the quiver attached to my bow. Like I said earlier, I didn't believe there was anything like a Bigfoot that existed. If I hadn't seen him myself, in Patrick County, VA, then I would never have believed that either.
A year or two before my encounter, one of my brother inlaws saw what he said was definitely a Bigfoot that crossed the highway in front of him while driving a secondary road. I didn't believe a word of it. I told him it was a black bear standing up and walking. He got flustered at me and now I understand why.. I never told him or anybody about my encounter.
Honestly, I know the Bigfoot could have easily killed me, but didn't. So, I will never give anyone his last known location of my encounter. I owe him that. At least that's the way I feel. I'm 65 years old now and my time is passing by quickly, so I've passed the truth of my encounter to you. As for the trolls and scammers, they don't upset me in the least. One last thing, please don't walk alone in the Mountains and carry a transponder with you.
Carry a transponder and a cell phone with you and always walk with a friend, so you can stay safe and share your encounter!
x

Kim N. writes RMSO
My husband and I were driving down Hwy.324 in Rock Hill, SC. It was crossing the road when we caught it in our headlights, back in the late 80s! All I could say was OMG..OMG.... I still get chills and looking while driving by that spot!!! They are real!
x

Dave M. writes RMSO
Driving a semi on mt Shasta, the truck I was following swerved into hammer lane and I watched it run left to right in front of me at dusk. It disappeared just before going up the right bank. Astonishing.
x

Roy W. writes RMSO
Some were on a logging trail Oregon dad was changing tire 1983 i think was mabe 8 we were getting rocks thrown at us from top of a ridge my dad and i saw it he had shot gun in window it scared my dad so much he told his gun wouldn't do anything it was so big that was the most scared I ever seen that man lucky his crew members showed up and it ran off gave me nightmares for years.
x

Twin Fork Rd, Catlettsburg, Kentucky (Photo)
Dave S. writes RMSO
On foot where the creek was the deepest It crosses and goes under the road. There has been
https://maps.app.goo.gl/HPPLSKoY59p5uaLdA
x

Charles C. writes RMSO
Walking in the woods I had a feeling that I was being watched and followed and caught a glimpse of something big and hairy when I stopped and turned around . at lbl in Tennessee.
x

Deborah G. writes RMSO
Many different sightings deep east TX. And different ones. Smart and healthy ones.
RMSO asks
Hi Deborah, can you provide details of the most memorable or where you got the best look at one?
Doborah continues
Yea man, they would eat apples from my trees. At night. Too many times they scared my little girl. Had to change her bedroom. There was three. Older male and female with a younger male, he was gorgeous . I loved playing music for them. It echoed threw the creek. I even read the Bible at night for them. We didn't have air conditioning and left windows open. They loved me but not my husband. I had a garden so they ate well. They loved bananas. Would say more but I respect them so much. And fear them at the same time.
x

Kenny D. writes RMSO
In VA almost face to face
Kenny Continues
He basically walked up right behind where I was at and I was really young I couldn't understand exactly what I was looking at . His huge size was the first thing that struck my attention not to how he walked through the thick brush , so being curious I yelled at him and turned around we locked eyes he was only at the most 20 yards or so from me , he was and still to this day the most fascinating living creature I've ever laid my eyes on , at the time I didn't understand what I was looking now that I'm older the best I can describe him is a genetic experiment gone horribly right. What 30 or so seconds to me seemed time had stopped he got bored made a facial gesture and turned and walked off at which time the adrenaline shot down both sides of my spine and legs don't fail me now...

More Bigfoot Below

Virginia Lick Fork Bigfoot Encounter Captured on Camera

Bigfoot Jumps from Tree & Runs to Cover

Scarface Mountain Sasquatch Captured on Camera in the Adirondacks

Several Sasquatch Like Creatures on Camera
in Some Bigfoot Sighting Hotspots

Oregon Bigfoot on Camera & Umatilla Sasquatch Video

Klamath Bigfoot Captured on Camera &
Pilot Rock Sasquatch Looking in Residents Window

No comments:

Post a Comment