Thursday, August 24, 2023

Sasquatch Confrontation near Aspen Colorado

 

Artist Rendition
Email your Bigfoot sighting to RMSObigfoot@gmail.com
"The growl got louder & the Bigfoot 
slapped its hands together really hard like it was go time

(Written Report Below Video)
Sasquatch Confrontation near Aspen Colorado

Pierce writes RMSO
I had my sighting in Colorado in January of 1999.  I discussed it on Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo on episode 210 "Confrontation in Colorado". I rarely come across others that discuss Colorado sightings.  If you have any suggestions to read about them I would appreciate the suggestions.  Thank you.

RMSO responds
Hi Pierce. Here are several Colorado Bigfoot blog articles from reports we have received over the years... 
What part of Colorado was your sighting encounter?

Pierce continues
Aspen, I just want help others come forward and feel comfortable telling their stories.
I will try to be as detailed as possible. 

 The chance encounter happened at the Pine Creek Cook house, just outside of Aspen Colorado in January 1999 at around midnight. This happened quite a few years ago so the layout might be slightly different now. 

 There are essentially two ways to get to the restaurant which is basically in the middle of the wilderness. From the parking area which is just over a mile away, you can cross-country ski slightly up hill with a small head lamp, or take a sleigh around another route. These are the winter options.

 Myself and four others cross country skied up for dinner.  We stayed well into the evening.  At the end of the night there were maybe three employees left, and it obvious it was time to call it an evening.  So we headed back down to the parking area, which means skiing down hill.
When we reached the bottom we took off the skis and left them against the lodge, because everyone was gone.  We were the last vehicle left.

 When we got to my Tahoe, I realized I had forgotten to zip up the pocket on my jacket, and my keys had fallen out somewhere on the way down. These are my store keys, house keys, and car keys so there was no way I wasn't going to go back up and try to find them. The other four in my group thought it was a waste of time because it was snowing pretty hard by then, and they were going to try and call a cab before it got any later.

 So I got my head lamp and put it back on and grabbed two others, one in each hand, and walked very slowly retracing my my path back up hill staring essentially at the ground in front of me on my way up.

 Lots of snow coming down now. I was about to give up as I had made it all the way back to the very top of the slope just at the corner of the restaurant and I saw the fob of the keys peaking out of the snow as they layer under a tree bough that blocked much of the down fall. I picked them up and zipped them up.

 I heard something next to the wall 20 maybe 25 feet away from me. Basically deep breathing. Now I'm in the middle of nowhere, and more than a mile away from my car. Lights are off in the restaurant, and it's pretty obvious it's just me, and what ever that is.

 I'm really hoping it's not a bear or worse a mountain lion so I focused all three lights at the area of the noise. It's not exactly a spot light, because these are not very powerful, but it's really close.  It had long brown hair, and it was trying to hide against the wall. When the light hit it, it squared off in a linebacker pose looking right at me, standing on two legs in an upright slightly crouched position and staring right at me.

 It was no bear. It had this low growl, letting me know I was not supposed to be there. I'm frozen trying to decide what to do. It's probably seven foot and a half feet tall, maybe a little less or more. The growl got louder, and it slapped its hands together really hard like it was go time.  
Now this is going to sound weird but it sounded like one of those oversized car doors from the seventies being slammed shut. This heavy clasp sound. That's when I snapped to and hauled ass down the hill.

 I ran the whole way back, face planted a couple times. My friends were still there waiting on a taxi and asked me if I found the keys. I nodded and hopped in the driver's seat obviously out of breath. I never told any of them what happened, just got out of there. I was still processing this, and wanted to create some distance.

 Details wise: it had long brown hair and was 7 and a half footish. I've heard people talk about big wide glowing red eyes, but this was not the case here.  They were more sunken in and amber in color but very feral and intense. The nose did not look super wide like a gorilla. Slightly flat but more human like. The shoulders were freaking enormous easily 4 and a half foot wide.  The arms were really long and it had huge hands. It had no smell as I have heard stories from people that describe that, and I was down wind from it. The skin on its face was brown, but not terribly dark.

 If it wanted to end me, it could easy have done it. I surprised it. I approached from down wind, in soft snow going really slow because was looking for the keys. It was trying to hide, but there wasn't a good place to do it as the tree line was some distance away. The whole event was maybe 15 to 20 seconds. We were both trying to figure out what to do, when it basically communicated it was time for me to leave.

 The whole experience was just random, I didn't go looking for it. It's the only time I've had an experience with a Sasquatch. I didn't even tell anybody until Finding Bigfoot came out. The important thing to me is that the focus stays on Bigfoot, not on me. It was just a chance encounter. If I hadn't dropped the keys at that precise time and under those exact conditions, I would have never seen it.
I have tried to be as specific and thorough as possible.

RMSO responds
 Intense encounter and sighting. I lost my keys and wallet while skiing. Both in same coat pocket that I forgot to zip up. Ended up finding my keys. Did not find the wallet. A good samaritan found my wallet and seeing my address on my drivers license, showed up to my house the next day to give it to me.

 Its amazing how many folks see Bigfoot in places during the winter with deep snow that you would not think it would be. Indian Pass & North Ogden Pass in Utah have had several Bigfoot sightings during the winter during times of deep snow.

Pierce
Well mine was sheer luck. Have a good one brother.

RMSO
A lot of sightings happen under abnormal circumstances. Maybe the creature was used to the time of night when patrons would leave the area and then it would go about its business. You coming back alone took it by surprise.

Pierce
I totally agree. Cliff, Bobo. Pruit and Dave Ellis all asked me if it was raiding trash cans, or a grease trap, but I was in the front of the building so I don't know.

RMSO
Always a lot of food thrown out every day at restaurants. He probably gets a good meal anytime it wants after hours.

More Colorado Bigfoot

Sasquatch in Saguache Creek on 
Pass to Gunnison nearly 7 Feet Tall

Ward Lake Sasquatch & 
Kannah Creek Bigfoot

Two Bigfoot Yell at Cascade Hiker & 
Colorado Man Captures Sasquatch on Camera

Bigfoot Captured on Camera near 
Georgetown Railroad Tracks

Frantic Nucla Bigfoot Runs on Road 
Waving Arms at Woman Driving Truck

No comments:

Post a Comment