Monday, January 28, 2019

Forrest Fenn Treasure Hunter Bigfoot Encounter

Email your Bigfoot sighting to RMSObigfoot@gmail.com
"the all black rock had morphed into something else a BigFoot"

Forrest Fenn Treasure Hunter Bigfoot Encounter

Josh Weickum writes RMSO
 My very first reaction was quietly whispering to myself "WTF is that? Is that a beagle?" It looked like the skull of a beagle dog, only much much bigger like 4 times the size of any beagle I've ever seen, but nonetheless I saw something for sure.

 It began with an obsession for Forrest Fenn's treasure which lead to Yellowstone while I frantically searched portions of the park to help save my life from the consequences I had created and a million dollar treasure would solve a lot of my problems. Or so I thought anyway. I no longer think it's in Yellowstone or even Wyoming but at that time I was convinced it had something to do with the FireHole River in Yellowstone. 

 While I looking for this treasure I found something possibly even more unnerving that finding a BigFoot. It really caught me off guard. I was looking for shiny things in the Firehole river in hopes it's a treasure chest, only to find 2 spark plug sockets. You know, the kind of thing you use with a ratchet to remove spark plugs from a combustion engine, and the f!@#ing things were part of the rock.  They are embedded in rock, and it was obvious the rock had melted over these tools. I have lost sleep dozens of times over this because it doesn't make sense. Also one of them is still there. I removed the other one with my gerber like a dumbass but thankfully the other one was too solidly encased in rock.

 So anyway, I went into the extreme thick forest near the firehole swimming hole and I remember it was a very weird experience and I even remember pointing at the thing that suddenly didn't look like a beagle anymore and was a lighter shade of rock so I could take a piss and not lose track of it.

 I'm of sound enough mind to know something wasn't adding up. I was trying to find a way around the actual firehole, which after 4 hours I found my way to, but this was territory man hadn't been to in a while if ever, at least coming from the nearest roads.

 The back side was wide open and had a very eerie feeling. Maybe a really little man, but no one my size with a 3 day military backpack. I'm a former Cavalry Scout with the US Army by the way and I know my shit when it comes to land navigation because of military experience and many experiences before and after. I had used my Land Navigation skills a few times recently and even whipped out the paper map for this one because I was driven by greed and desperation. I am no longer greedy, the whole treasure hunting experience helped change me forever as a person, but anyways...

 When I was walking around the Firehole I found many dozens of foam flipflops on both sides of the river. It was EXTREMELY eerie and I think I'm probably one of the only ones to ever see them because I was in parts of Yellowstone no one in their right mind would go. 

 So anyway I took my piss and when I looked up the all black rock had morphed into something else and I was like WTF? So I took a step in each direction while keeping my eyes on the spot and nothing resembling what I saw was in sight. I even started talking to the rock, knowing me probably taunting it, because I had my .45 and some bear spray and I really didn't give a damn about myself around that time in my life to be honest.

 I remember suddenly I got kinda confused and forgot where the hell I was or what I was even doing and I looked to the same spot and there was nothing at all there now. The goddamn rocks disappeared or something, I don't know what the hell happened but I do know I didn't go anywhere and it took only a few minutes because my phone logs my location and course time.

  When I put my backpack back on I saw some massive black animals hauling ass towards where the river and the road were to the North. They were moving faster than I've seen a bear run on video or anything, which is really really fast and I became very nervous and worried and kind of terrified and never hunted alone again.

 For years I told the story like it was some sort of bear or moose or something because I just didn't know what I had seen, and when I heard the description some of these people are giving of bigfoot and all that, I thought to myself OMFG that was a family of bigfoot I saw.

 THEN, later that night after I finally got back to my truck, I was scared out my wits and it was almost 3 am before I got to the East side of the park and I was hauling serious ass, like 90, I saw something that was like 15 foot tall barely make it across the road as I haul ass round the corner. I never knew what that was either and had always assumed it was a big ass moose or something on its way to Togwotee Pass.

 I got a 300$ speeding ticket only a few minutes after seeing the giant animal cross the road.

I dont truly know what I experienced but the thing that makes the most sense would be a damn big foot. I'm hoping to find video of them in my many hours of gopro footage but I don't have much time right now as I'm back in school to get my degree before the GI bill runs out.

Josh Weickum

More Wyoming Bigfoot

LaBarge Bigfoot in Face of Rancher

Teton Sasquatch Face as Large as Stop Sign

3 comments:

  1. I'm from Wyoming and I grew up hearing stories about the "river man" that roams the Wind River between Dubois and Riverton, right threw the Reservation. In 1996, I finally got to see one behind some trees on the south side of the Wind, and within a 1,000 feet from where the Little and Big Winds meet. I also heard stories of sasquatch being in ans around Yellowstone, including all the way east to Slide Rock all the way up to Red Lodge, MT. I wouldn't be too afraid to pack in there, but I would need a group to go with and I would fear the grizzlies. I live in Springfield, MO. now, and we have them here too. But Wyoming is calling me back, so maybe someday, I can return myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a typo in my account of that crazy ass day. I also want to add more details that seem important to include. The corrected sentence and addendum is as follows.
    "Maybe a really little man could traverse the dense growth of trees with less difficulty, but no one my size (I'm not a particularly big guy at 5'11" weighing on average 175 pounds) with a 3 day military backpack was getting through this terrain very easily as fallen trees clutter most of the ground and the ones still standing were only sometimes wide enough for my assault pack to fit through. I had to double-back multiple times and find a new route because trees offered only a few paths physically big enough to fit through in a majority of that particular area and it was like trying to escape Pan's labyrinth, only I was entering the maze instead of trying to escape it. Seems to be my M.O. in general. It was not easy or enjoyable at that point but I was already committed and far enough in that I decided that, considering the nightmare of branches whipping me in the face and ankle-murdering fallen trees, it would be unlikely to be much worse to just push forward to the swimming area where I knew I could safely cross so I charlied on. I was over half way there after all. I might also mention the thunderous accoustics of the firehole cascades deadened my ability to hear and I found myself constantly checking my six so I didn't wind up feeding the bears and also I was very thoroughly creeped out by that point.


    When I finally made it across the water at the swimming hole I was surprised to find a bunch of park employees, maybe a dozen of them, arriving and seemingly grouping up and moving in the pitch black darkness, not one flashlight or cell phone screen visible in any way toward some location which I was unable to determine as they discovered my presence in their ranks when a female park employee tried to speak to me mistaking me for a member of their party and I already felt like a stalker more or less sneaking up on them, though unintentionally as I myself was frightened when I got near enough to hear them talking over the grumble of the mighty 30 foot river 50 yards or so away. The decent part of me decided to alert her to my identity and I said something to the effect of "I'm not who you think I am I just ran into you guys by chance and what the hell are you doing here this time of night anyway?" To which she didn't even reply. I knew they must be park employees because I heard them talking about how stupid tourists are and how much they are annoyed by them. I'm sure it freaked her out when she heard my unfamiliar voice and she probably thought she was face to face with a serial killer or something so I made my exit and walked the couple miles up the road to get to my truck and booked it back towards home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... the decent part of me decided to alert her to my identity and I said something to the effect of "I'm not who you think I am I just ran into you guys by chance and what the hell are you doing here this time of night anyway?" To which she didn't even reply. I knew they must be park employees because I heard them talking about how stupid tourists are and how much they are annoyed by them. I'm sure it freaked her out when she heard my unfamiliar voice and she probably thought she was face to face with a serial killer or something so I made my exit and walked the couple miles up the road to get to my truck and booked it back towards home. The more I think about it the more I wonder if those park employees were coming to check out a secret bigfoot camp or something because there was no way in hell they were swimming because despite having the name Firehole River, which was evidently named for an annual Indian tribes gathering for a feast that took place near a 10ft^3 "cave" located right directly in the swimming area, there's nothing hot about it. I was in the water earlier that day and it was in the 90 degree temperatures and I found the water barely tolerable for long. Nor is there to my knowledge any geothermal features in the immediate area to hot pot in, which I've been told is something the park employees have been known to do discreetly despite being against park rules, but supposedly remains an unspoken perc of being a park employee to this day. I have, however, since discovered that I somehow overlooked another cave entrance on the river so it's possible they were checking that out in the cover of darkness to keep it a secret or maybe there was a geothermal feature I overlooked as I did with the cave, but walking around Yellowstone National Park in near 0 moonlight is pretty scary even for a war veteran like myself and I can't help but wonder what would make these civilian folk use such caution. It makes me wonder what the hell they were doing there.
    I think considering the creepypasta and the fact the river is 30 foot deep in that area and the fact that I can barely swimh me asking myself "what the hell was I even doing there?"

    ReplyDelete