Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Fort Sill Sasquatch Confronts Soldier

Artist Rendition
Email your Bigfoot sighting to RMSObigfoot@gmail.com
"I started talking to it, 
saying don't hurt me I just want to go back to my tent."

Fort Sill Sasquatch Confronts Soldier

Mark Birchette writes RMSO
Hi Kelly, this is my second encounter that happened in the 90's while I was stationed at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. I was assigned field guard duty with one other Soldier. Fort Sill is the Field Artillery school for the Army and Marines. I was stations there for 2 years.

Once the gun line was set up myself and another retired to the tent that the next day would serve the FDC, Fire Direction Control, these soldiers are responsible for sending fire missions to the gun line. We were to spend the night making sure no one messed with anything, as Fort Sill was an open post, meaning civilians could come and go freely almost anywhere on the post. Fire missions were done 24/7 and a class was to be there in the morning for the 13B10 training, Cannon Crewman in which you are trained on all positions of the gun.

 We were to patrol the gun line one to the East, one to the West and every hour on the hour make a call on our field radio to the Charge of Quarters. I had the East he had the West, All of the Artillery gun barrels are kept at a 45 degree with the barrels facing Down range with was North. Over the end of the gun tubes is a canvas bag with adjustable strap to keep moisture and debris out of the barrels.

 As I headed to the East after having done it several times that night I got close to the last two guns on the East side. I had noticed the cicadas and crickets were silent.

 Then I heard a low growl. I thought this was a coyote and I automatically crouched next to the left track of a self propelled 8" Howitzer and rotated my selector switch from safe past semi and to auto as I intended to burn off a 30 round magazine to scar it of them coyotes away.

 I duck walked along side of the left track and as I got almost to the front I not only heard but felt a growl so low and guttural that I literally felt the handguards and the ejector port flap on my M16A1 rifle vibrate along with the very bones in my chest.

 I glanced up and forward to see the nightmare from my dreams in front of me and this was like an instant light bulb going on it all coming together of what I encountered at age 11 whilst hunting deer at home in Utah. Sasquatch was real! Very real!

 I started talking to it, saying don't hurt me I just want to go back to my tent. I was slowly rising and walking backwards with a million things going through my mind. Like I knew I was going to die this very night. I had kept my trigger finger alongside of the trigger and my barrel. I was repeatedly saying please don't hut me! I just want to go back to my tent.

 I eventually backed up into a new object that made a low bong sound, which I for a millisecond I thought was a second Sasquatch and I was now dead. My head of course looked over my shoulder to instantly see a fire barrel. These are 55 gallon drums with holes alike over them and firewood inside to keep the trainees hands warm as they await their turn on the Artillery.

 As my head quickly looked forward the Sasquatch at the front of the gun tube was gone without a sound. This was unsettling. I was terrified but made my way back to the FDC tent in shock and awe. It seemed to be a lifetime but was just less than 15 minutes before my 03:00 hours check in by field radios.

 As I sat stunned at the table in the tent I heard a bipedal walking and thought it was the Sasquatch. It was the other field guard and I quickly told him what happened and he didn't believe of course but I was adamant about what happened and he asked if I was going to include it in my report.

 I didn't until the XO, executive officer arrived in the early am and was promptly told if I insisted on including my encounter in the report, that my Military career would be over.  I was married with 2 young sons so I didn't. I was also told that what happened in the field stays in the field.

 I never even told my wife of 31 years until 23 years into our marriage only to be laughed at and ridiculed for it. Ive for the most par and silently and the last 25 plus years tried to find out why me why twice? Only to have more questions than answers to this enigma Sasquatch.

 If I can help further ? Feel free to contact me.
    Mark Ogre Birchette

Kelly Shaw responds
Thanks Mark
I realize it was at night. Did you get a good look at it? Height, color, length of hair? Did you see the face well enough to describe it? Did it make or change expressions?
How close was it to you before you started backing away?


Mark Birchette
Hi Kelly, the moon was covered by clouds as it was fall but I neglected to say a few things.
As I mentioned the gun tubes were all at 45 degree angle which put the bottom of the elevated gun tube at 10' exactly. It was standing directly under the bottom facing me with its left arm wrapped around the barrel in a lazy type of fashion.

 Its build was more like Shaquille O'Neil as opposed to the one in Utah that I remember being much bulkier though about the same height. The skin I saw as it was 12'away, looked ashy grey. The hair was Auburn. The skin looked very weather beaten.

 All this seemed like hours long. I knew I was never going to see my wife or sons again. It was going to tear me apart. Even though I had my M16A1 and some hand grenade simulators they only give you blanks unless you are qualifying with your weapon.

So that was immediately out of my mind because that whole childhood encounter flooded back into my mind so many puzzle pieces fit together in a terrifying instant!

 From the time I left the guard tent to the time I returned it was 2 minutes shy of the next report with the CQ Change of Quarters. I didn't report it verbally but in my written report given to the XO Executive Officer, a First Lieutenant. It was him who threatened my Military career if I insisted on including my encounter in my Official written report.

 So I rewrote the report and then had to sign a non disclosure agreement that extended until I had been discharged for Twenty years. I have been out over 30 now. So when comfortable I'll Share it. If I can tell you anything else contact me.

 Thank you for caring Kelly, it changes your whole life. I'd rather face combat again then another surprise encounter.
Mark

Link to Mark's First Encounter
Sasquatch Hurls Log at Hunter in Manti-La Sal Forest

Subject Looks Like a Sasquatch Running
on Oklahoma Gamecam

1 comment:

  1. i think i had a encouter in dec2003 just moved my trailer to a new campground and me and a friend got to my trailer afterdark something rocked my trailer while we were inside like it grabed the top of it and rocked itwe looked out the windows but didnt see anything i didnt go outside because didnt have any weapons with us we blew it off as a bear but?

    ReplyDelete