Thursday, June 16, 2016

Young Bigfoot Strange Jerky Movement Observed in Idaho

Troy writes RMSO

Let me start by telling you I have always been a avid outdoorsman or a fanatic. I couldn't get enough of the outdoors, hunting and fishing were my life. For the last three years my back has been slowly dissolving and twisting in me making it impossible to climb the mountains.
#1 I believe was in 95. A friend had just bought a new Remington 870, we went down to the Snake River bottoms at Rose Pond to shoot the numerous starlings. Just east of the pond, while leaving in the twilight a low rumbling growl came from a skunk berry bush. This was a growl you could feel as well as hear. Of course we stopped in our tracks, we could not see anything in the quickening darkness. We started out again a moving faster when another growl came from the bushes and then what really scared us was a stick that was thrown at us. We made our way out,one walking out backwards to keep a eye on what was behind us. This creature herded us like a couple of cows. Growling, throwing sticks, shaking bushes- making us go where it wanted. We finally came out on a old road by the archery range and ran back to the truck. This happened in mid to late August.
#2. This happened a week or two after the previous encounter. There were 7 of us that night, the same friend, his brother, myself and four girls. Tracie, Shauna, Becky and the fourth I cannot remember. There was a full moon and the night was just perfect. We could hear a strange chirping coming from the east side of the archery range and decided to wander along the old roads to see if we could see what it was. With the moon we did not need flashlights, it was that bright other than the shadows. As we were walking I was telling my cousin Tracie about the growling encounter not long before and a real creepy feeling overcame us. The chirping became numerous, more than one and really picked up as we came to the river bank and started following the gravel road along the bank. Halfway down the road there was a small ash tree, in the middle of the road were patches of wild Daisies growing about 2 ft tall. Under one of these patches there was a movement ahead. It appeared to be a very large beaver. There was one girl way out in front and I was chuckling at about what was going to happen as she walked into the beaver and got scared. We were 40 feet away, she had to have been 15 when this beaver was suddenly on two legs. It tried to go across the road, hesitated, turned around and jumped into the river. There was no mistaking what we seen, humanoid, long arms, very quick, hairy but the moonlight just wasn't enough for detail. The chirping at this time was very numerous and close from the thick brush. We hurried down the road and to the vehicle. This really shook us up, a couple of the girls really scared and crying and even now to this day I don't stay in that area when it starts to get dark.
This was not a big Bigfoot. 4 feet tall, was thick in body I would guess about 150-200 lbs. no neck visible but did have the sloped head viewed from the side. It ran funny also, not like a person besides being very quick it had a strange gait, almost a jerky movement. There definitely was no tail, hair along lower arms and legs seemed longer. 
Unfortunately this area has undergone major changes. What once used to be wild is now a walking path, atv trails everywhere and even a campground.
#3 this happened in 04 at the Iron Creek Campsight along the Little Lost River. The strange part of this was the overpowering stench that awoke me at 430 am. I awoke in a fear accompanied by shuffling outside the tent. My little kids were sleeping in their own tents right next to us, that was what scared me. My dogs were all cowered under the inflatable bed and I could not find  the flashlight.  I filled the wood burning stove with tinder and as soon as the smoke started out the pipe it left. Then all the dogs in camp started barking. This was a large camp since it was a family reunion, we were on the very edge of the group. Apparently it visited a few other trailers and tents as well with several people telling the same story. It even pulled down on a trailer waking up my cousins when the trailer swayed.
#4 this occurred 25 miles further to the north west at a place called Loristica Group Camp in October. We were hunting elk at the time when in the third and fourth night that same smell awoke my partner and I at 5 am. We could here it outside the tent as well. What was strange about this is it took a knife and silverware along with a handful of geodes we had left on the table.
#5  in 06 in a small canyon chocked with quaking Aspen and pine next to the Blackfoot Reservoir. We were hunting elk in October when my friend awoke me whispering there was something outside the tent. I lit the lantern to see a hand close over the tents corner pole above his head. Shook the tent then was gone through the trees. The hand was outside the tent I didn't see the actual hand only the way it closed over the fabric. It would be like being inside a bag of chips as somebody wrinkled it up in their hand. We found no tracks in the morning but we didn't look to hard either.
#6 this experience was more of the frightening kind for me because we were all alone miles from anybody. South Hills south of Twin Falls Idaho. This is a strange forest with really little water at least we're we camped. We pulled down into a little basin off a marked forest road that was just beautiful. A pine forest with no signs of anybody ever camping there before, people had cut wood but it had been some time ago. The first night made I made a fire catching the ground on fire around the fire pit. It finally burned out leaving a nice big fire piffle us. We left early in the morning to go to a archery tournament and came back that evening. As we sat around the fire that night a wailing sound came off the high ridge above us. It followed the ridge getting closer and wailing like a siren as it came. The dogs went into the tent and I told my wife to get the only kid there into our tent and I would stay up watching the fire. At this time all hell broke loose below camp, loud chirps from several different animals, trees being struck and just a ruckus. I believe it was a threat display telling us to leave the area this went on for about 20 minutes then just a sudden quiet. I stayed up most of the night adding logs to the fire and occasionally shining the flashlight around camp. The next morning there were a few scuffed areas that could have been tracks but nothing definitive. My son though started hitting trees with the shovel, I did not notice the answering knocks at first until he said something to me about it. Sure enough he would hit a tree and a loud knock would answer him from the ridge. We started to have a creepy game with it and discovered that hitting a tree about 6 feet up create the loudest knock and a better response. The wife wouldn't have nothing to do with it and we had to pack up and leave that morning.
This is a wild place, people don't camp except in big group camps and believe this is one area that could really have potential for someone brave enough to fool with these things.



  1. It is a disservice when anyone attributes bumps-in-the-night to sasquatch, merely by default, without any direct evidence. The arena is littered with a preponderance of such subjective anecdote and it is distracting from the solid useful evidence and testimonial. There is a critical role for the "citizen scientist" and I have advocated strongly that as a community the bar be raised and more rigor and objectivity be exercised in the investigation and reporting of evidence.

  2. Thank you for the statement about raising the bar of objectivity and rigor among citizen scientist.